Solved

Apps 9 Permission set - grant query giving more access than expected

• 4 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi All,

I’m trying to add permission to query ‘Supplier for Purchase Part’ to a current permission set. However when I have granted Query access by the below method from the Presentation Objects by Navigator a user can Add a new record when they open up the Suppler for Purchase Part view which is definitely not wanted. Do we have a system issue or can I revoke this action elsewhere? Thanks in advance for your help, Sarah

icon

Best answer by Yasas Kasthuriarachchi 4 January 2021, 13:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @sholmes,
I feel that you may need to  ensure if that specific user to whom you are ‘Granting Query’ already has edit action granted via a different permission set or via administrator grant. You can test this out by creating a new user with only basic permissions and granting only this specific requirement.
Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

The user could not even view the screen prior. We have only 2 permission sets that allow modify currently and the user does not have access to this, but I’ll do a belt and braces approach as you suggest to ensure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @sholmes,
Yes also kindly ensure the user doesn’t have any specific admin system privileges under following tab.

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Yes all these are blank, no system privileges are granted

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

HI @sholmes,
Another area to review is ensuring that the users don’t have access to the database objects which creates, modify and remove information in the LU you want to leave in read only.

This is an example for Customer_Pricelist_API, check the same for yours.

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks - looks like granting query for this navigation object grants Modify and New in the database objects (easy when you know how!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Great, thanks for the update !