Badge +18

On checking our Application Monitoring Console I noted the following errors:

Application Search

Application Search documents with errors   =   2

If I look into the SEARCH_DOMAIN_ERRORS there  are 2 records:

1)

"DRG-12604: execution of user datastore procedure has failed
DRG-50857: oracle error in drsinopen
ORA-20105: ApplicationSearch.NO_MASTER_SD: No master record exists for rowid [AAARHUAAMAADAh4AAh] in Search Domain [Reports].
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 138
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 331
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.APPLICATION_SEARCH_SY

2)

"DRG-12604: execution of user datastore procedure has failed
DRG-50857: oracle error in drsinopen
ORA-20105: ApplicationSearch.NO_MASTER_SD: No master record exists for rowid [AAARHUAAMAADAh4AAL] in Search Domain [Reports].
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 138
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 331
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.APPLICATION_SEARCH_SY

Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

icon

Best answer by Nadeesh Herath 21 April 2021, 21:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @johnw66 ,

Similar error was reported to Product Development team via solution - 287827  and investigation ongoing. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @johnw66,

Could you please try to drop application search documents of the type report and rebuild again?

Thank You.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Dumeesha Wanigarathna  Thank you for confirming.

@Imal Thiunuwan  Can you confirm the details on how  I can drop the application search documents of the type report and rebuild again?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@johnw66,

Rebuilding the domain index should fix the mentioned issue.

Could you please try out the below actions in a convenient maintenance window? Note that the system would not go down during the activity but there would be some performance drawbacks.

1) Go to the Search Domain Details for search domain 'Reports' and RMB, then select Drop Search  Index. After that refresh the search domain.

2) Now RMB and select Schedule Domain Activation - Select a date/time to activate the search domain

3)The system will rebuild the search domain and enable it in the above-given date/time.

Perform above actions and monitor for errors after rebuild search domain is executed

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Charith E 

Thank you ever so much for the information, much appreciated. 

I will do this in the evening.  But if exists in our test environment I can test it there.

Regards

John

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@johnw66 A quick heads up that we had similar issues and in our case rebuilding the domain index did not resolve the issue.  We worked with IFS through a couple of cases but eventually the issue actually caused major performance impact across the system making it unusable.  We had to disable and drop the problematic search domain indexes in question.

Hopefully you will have more success than we did but wanted to give you the ultimate ‘fix’ if it doesn’t work for you.

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Nick, thank you very much for the heads up, I may perform this over the weekend as opposed to this evening.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@johnw66 - If you have access to the DB you may execute the below. Please find the queries to drop the indexes and recreate the index,

To drop the index,

DROP INDEX ARCHIVE_TIX;

To recreate the index,

create index ARCHIVE_TIX on ARCHIVE_TAB (TEXT_ID$)
  indextype is CTXSYS.CONTEXT;