Question

Event/Event Action, E-post, From User is not working

• 13 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

I am testing Event/Event Action NOTIFY_NEXT_AUTH/Notify authorizers of invoices to be authorized next.

The mail are sent successfully, however the mail in mailbox shows that the mail are sent from MAIL_SENDER not from User:  Please se below picture example, the mail I received is sent from MAIL_SENDER1, not from Finance center.Finance center is active User Id and person ID.

Does anyone know what to do so the mail sent from in Outlook mail shows the user ID/User ID e-post address?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Asadan,

There are few settings which needs to be done in order to use other user email as From User. I hope the first requirement is fulfilled since you mentioned that the Finance center is active User Id and person ID. Check if the user has an email defined in the User Details.

• In your Mail Sender configurations, make sure the Override Mail Sender is Not set. Read more about how the From user (Sender) picks with this setting here:

Configure the Mail Transport Connector - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

• Verify if your mailbox allows sending mail as other users. Here’s a guide for Office 365 email

Give mailbox permissions to another user - Admin Help - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

Hope it helps!

Damith