Question

Attachments not downloadable for closed IFS cases

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Not sure if this is the correct sub forum to post this question. If not, kindly advise me what’s the correct sub forum. 

We try to open case attachments from the old [closed] IFS cases that we reported in the past. Seems it’s not possible. Not just me, all my colleagues I tested the issue seem to have it. It would be interesting to know if other customers also face the same issue.

Is this an intentional restriction from the IFS side? IFS Customer ID 307435

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@Asela Munasinghe 

Just to make sure we are using the same site, not sure if all customers are moved to the new support site at this point, but at support.ifs.com versus the previous support.ifsworld.com, that is the site we are using.  

I went back to a legacy case from more than two years ago and like you, I cannot open any of the attachments to the case.  If I try directly on the page, there is a brief ellipse (three dots) that flashes in the page header for a few seconds, but nothing happens.  If I try opening the page in a new tab or new window, the same case I’m on will re-open, but no attachment opens.  I had never noticed this before.

This does not seem like an intentional restriction, it actually seems like the links to the documents are broken or the security protocol to connect to the document repository is not being passed from the support page to the document location.

If no one from IFS responds here, then I think we should raise another support case to fix the problem with the previous support cases.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks for checking @ShawnBerk. I raised the IFS case CS0077662 for this. Since you might not be able to follow this case, I will post here the updates when I have them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Malithi Pathirana 

Not sure if I agree with your suggestion that the case CS0077662 will be a chargeable engagement because

1. As you can notice in this thread, IFS customers like @ShawnBerk are also facing it. I’m sure other IFS customers using https://support.ifs.com/ are facing the same issue. Please note his take on the issue: 

This does not seem like an intentional restriction, it actually seems like the links to the documents are broken or the security protocol to connect to the document repository is not being passed from the support page to the document location.

If no one from IFS responds here, then I think we should raise another support case to fix the problem with the previous support cases.

2. Rather than sending to the Consulting Organization, have you discussed with IFS CoS [Corporate Services] if they can fix it? 

Please let us know or tag the relevant parties here. That way, we can keep the discussion open since I believe this is a common issue. Just tagging the Community Leads that I know - @KristenGastaldo and @Yasas Kasthuriarachchi who might be able to direct us to the relevant parties from IFS as well. 

Thanks all in advance for your support! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Apologies for my delay on this one. Somehow I missed the notification. I’m bringing this up with our team. Just to clarify - you can’t open attachments on closed cases on which site? We’re currently working with our legacy (Customer Engagement Center) and ServiceNow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @KristenGastaldo , I also missed the notification, hence the late reply. The site is https://support.ifs.com/

Additionally we don’t see some of the Legacy Cases. Our Account Rep Chamalka Jayamini [unable to tag here] assured that ‘Show externally’ has been ticked already for those cases. So I can’t think of a reason why some legacy cases are hidden. e.g. We don’t see the Case G2333920, but see the related Cloud Case CS0077662 only. In such situations when the IFS Consultant cites the legacy Case ID, it’s confusing. 

Thanks for looking into this Kisten. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Apologies for my delay on this one. Somehow I missed the notification. I’m bringing this up with our team. Just to clarify - you can’t open attachments on closed cases on which site? We’re currently working with our legacy (Customer Engagement Center) and ServiceNow.

Good Morning @KristenGastaldo , did you have time to check this? The case owner Chamalka Jayamini for the IFS case CS0077662 might also have a word with you regarding attachments not being accessible for closed IFS cases.