Skip to main content
Question

What is the limit of lines on a customer invoice in IFS Cloud?

• 4 September 2024
  • 4 replies

Is there a limit to the number or customer order lines that can be invoiced at one time in IFS Cloud? 

I have an order with 322 lines that needs to be invoiced. The Quick Order Flow, Batch Create Customer Invoice and Create Customer Invoice tools all fail with the same error, “At least one invoice line must be entered before saving invoice”. 

I am able to create individual shipment invoices. 

Hi @PMGannon 

As far as I am aware, there is no specific limit on the number of customer order lines that can be processed in IFS Cloud. I have encountered scenarios where single customer orders contain over 500 lines. However, it's important to note that handling such a large number of lines may lead to performance issues, particularly when searching for orders or processing them.

If you are experiencing difficulties with invoicing a large number of lines, it may be related to system performance constraints. Consider breaking the invoice into smaller batches to mitigate these issues.

If this answer helps you, please mark it as solved. This will assist other community users who may have similar concerns or need advice.

Regards,

Chanuka 

@PMGannon 

I'm happy to share my advises on this. If you found the answer helpful, could you please mark it as the correct answer? This will allow us to close the thread and make it easier for other community users to find and benefit from in the future.

Regards,

Chanuka

This problem by processing individual shipment invoices until it was discovered IFS duplicated a shipment ID on two customer order lines. The error was resolved by creating a new shipment for one of the customer order lines with the duplicated id. 

This problem by processing individual shipment invoices until it was discovered IFS duplicated a shipment ID on two customer order lines. The error was resolved by creating a new shipment for one of the customer order lines with the duplicated id. 

Hi @PMGannon 

This is great.

Do you think my advice would help you? If you found the answer helpful, could you please mark it as the correct answer? This will allow us to close the thread and make it easier for other community users to find and benefit from in the future.