Question

WaDaCo Pick By Choice serialized and lot/batch

• 21 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I have a scenario where I would like to configure WaDaCo process REPORT_PICKING_PART to use pick by choice for serialized parts in inventory and lot/batch parts. But we also have serialized parts at receipt and issue only. According to documentation pick by choice does not work for those:

The Report Picking of Parts process does not support the following:

• Report Picking of parts that are serial-traced at receipt and issue (but not serial-traced in inventory), when Pick by Choice setting is enabled

This means I'm forced to either make everything traceable in inventory or not use pick by choice.

Anybody found a way around this?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Koen,

I’m not sure that the text is 100% correct, that scenario might be when PBC is not enabled.

I suggest you try it out and see what happens.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Dario,

I have tested this, I got an error message saying there is not enough availability for the part. I have 10 parts on stock, all available.

That is what triggered me to investigate this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Ok. I just remember that I recently reacted to that text and wondered if it was correct since something similar existed already before PBC was introduced in Apps10 but then it was more general for all processes. It felt strange why this suddenly was PBC limitation only. But maybe its a limitation for both with and without PBC.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, I have a related question I think,

I have lot/batch on a part. Two batches in inventory.

I reserv one batch and create the pick list.

Use Scan IT Aurena App and the Report picking of parts-process.

Then when I pick, I can still select any of the batches by choice and the reservation would change. No warning that we do not pick according to reservation.

Is this what you are looking for?

Is this the way it should be, not caring about reservations?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@LundahlOskar 

Yes pick by choice don’t give any warnings if you don’t picked the reserved record in wadaco, that would be very annoying to have plus we don’t support warnings or info messages in wadaco anyway.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@LundahlOskar

Yes pick by choice don’t give any warnings if you don’t picked the reserved record in wadaco, that would be very annoying to have plus we don’t support warnings or info messages in wadaco anyway.

@Dario Zani if using PBC and I pick from another location, shouldn’t my reservation be decremented by the amount I picked?  I am seeing that sometimes it is decrementing and sometimes it is not, yet I have Unreserve = YES in my WaDaCo configuration.

Shop Order has a need for 1037 and we over picked using WaDaCo

Data Collection Session (highlighted lines showing unreserve, flag, part number and qty picked):

Only one material inventory transaction for that part on that SO:

But all my reservations remained:

Any Ideas???

Cloud 22R2

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@ctaylor56 

I don’t really know since that is Shop Order picking process that have the UNRESERVE data item and I’m no expert how that process works.

Sounds more like a question to ask in the Manufacturing section.