Unpeg Intersite Orders

• 20 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 548 replies

Community,

searched in the community,  I don’t think I have got what I need. below is the scenario

1. Belgium Site send purchase order to Canada site, so intersite order created at both sites (Belgium site purchase order, Canada site customer order).
  2. Belgium site make changes, cancel purchase order lines. instead of using “Send Change Request”, Belgium site sent message using “Send Order”.

This scenario ends up in below consequences

1. Canada site approves the incoming message, result in error, customer order already exist
  2. Belgium site realized the error and tried to send “Send Change Request” again,  but the message does not include changes (cancelled purchase order lines), and it does not make any changes to the customer order in Canada site. We assume the changes have been consumed by the previous message that was sent wrongly.

Question is, how we could handle this kind of scenario? either we could make Belgium site send change request include the change info or we could do unpegging and make Canada site customer order line cancelled as well(manually).

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Pilar Franco 2 August 2023, 08:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

I tried your example in a Core environment and in my case the Send Change Request always includes the changes (cancellation of lines in this case).

Send Order is just used to create the internal Customer Order, so once created, the Send Order option is not usable anymore (it has no sense to use it).

But Send Change Request can always be used and should keep the changes. Normally, system creates a new revision with the changes performed (or else you can use the Change Order to track changes). If system is creating a new revision in your case when cancelling lines, then, message created when sending change request must include this change.

Remember that Change Request is a different type of message and changes can be seen and processed in window Incoming Change Request for Customer Order (not Incoming Customer Order). You have there an Status field showing if the line has been changed or not and also a RMB option ‘View Changes’ to see the detailed changes in each line.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Pilar Franco Thank you.

we have cases that users sent “Send Orders” instead of “Send Change Order”,  after we try to resend “Send Change Order” , the changes that previously made are all not available. That’s the best we could discover so far.  Not sure the reason, so we suspect that system will discard the changes if you sent via “Send Orders”.

Need to monitor this scenario.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

If that’s the case, then try replication and create a Support case so this can be analyzed further by Support team. All changes should be possible to be sent to the other site.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Pilar Franco sure, thank you.