Question

Unable to select the customer by searching their name on the customer order window

• 30 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

One of the customers has faced an issue related to the customer name search in the customer order window.

When creating a new sales quotation then they can just type the customer name in the customer field and they get a list of customers. When they do the same in the customer order window they have to search for the customer ID, they have not been able to type only the name.

As a workaround, I know that it's possible to search for the customer name if pressing the magnifying galas, but this is an extra step and when I checked this issue in our core environment I couldn’t observe such an issue. It's strange that the customer order window is not behaving the same as the sales quotation window where they can load the customer by their name.

I found a bug fix but it not exactly related to this issue. Any ideas on what might be the problem/fix here?

Product Version: UPD15 Aurena 

(Attached screen shot is my core example. When we add new record we can search the customer by their name as well)

Regards,

Nikila Dissanayake

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Nikila Dis ,

Please refer 286038 where a similar issue has been addressed in UPD10

Thanks,

Nethmini

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Nethmini Kosvinna

I have checked this and seems like the bug id is not visible in LCS as it is created as an internal bug in Jira for projects. However, in my example, the customer did not want to query by customer name in the Aurena customer order by pressing the magnifying glass.

As they are delivered UPD 18 to the TEST environment and tested still they face the same issue. What strange is when I checked this in internal dev I could not observe such an error. I’ll arrange a screen sharing as I don't have access to log into their test environment.

Regards,

Nikila Dissanayake