Skip to main content

Too Many Records Selected on Incoming Dispatch Advise

• 19 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Dear IFS Experts,

I am experiencing issues with the selected records (377) in IFS Application 10. Previously, record 317 functioned perfectly. Do you have any suggestions for resolving this?

Best,

CTR

Hi @CTR 

The message "Too many records selected. Decrease the number of selected records and try again." in IFS typically indicates that you're attempting to process or retrieve more records than the system can handle at once. To resolve this issue, you can try the following approaches:

1. Filter or Narrow Down the Selection: Apply more specific filters to reduce the number of records being selected. For example, if you're searching within a certain date range, narrow that range to select fewer records at a time.

2. Batch Processing: If you need to work with a large dataset, consider processing the records in smaller batches instead of all at once. This can often be done by refining your criteria to split the selection into smaller groups.

3. Use a Different View or Report: Some views or reports are optimized for handling large data sets. Check if there's an alternative way to retrieve or process the information that doesn't exceed the system's limitations.

4. The final option is to report this issue to IFS to see if there is any possibility of increasing the data export capacity. If not, it might be better to consider customization.

I'm happy to share my advice on this. If you found the answer helpful, could you please mark it as the correct answer? This will allow us to close the thread and make it easier for other community users to find and benefit from in the future.

Regards,

Chanuka