Question

The Purpose of Address Setup screen

• 10 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

Can someone explain the purpose of the Address Setup screen in Enterprise Basic Data?

Even when the User defined Row Length is set to 35, I can see Addresses  3 and 4  filled in up to 100 characters. It seems Addresses 1 and 2 have no bearing on this setup anyway

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @anjana.pat 

I have investigated the issue. It appears that Addresses 3 and 4 can indeed exceed the user-defined limit. Consequently, I adjusted the Address Layout to accommodate Address 3. Despite this modification, I encountered a new error message; the system does not allow the saving of addresses with 100 characters in the Address 3 field under the updated layout. “Number of characters entered for address row(s) has exceeded the 'User Defined Row Length' specified in the Address set-up.”

regards,

Piyal

Badge +3

Hi @anjana.pat 

I have investigated the issue. It appears that Addresses 3 and 4 can indeed exceed the user-defined limit. Consequently, I adjusted the Address Layout to accommodate Address 3. Despite this modification, I encountered a new error message; the system does not allow the saving of addresses with 100 characters in the Address 3 field under the updated layout. “Number of characters entered for address row(s) has exceeded the 'User Defined Row Length' specified in the Address set-up.”

regards,

Piyal

Thank you Piyal.

May I know which Logical Unit you tried editing? I tried Customer Address, even with 35 character limit, it allowed entering up to 100 characters  

When you say, ‘you adjusted the Address Layout to accommodate Address 3’. What exactly did you do? I assume this is something I can do on application setup. 

I am trying to understand what it the exact usage of this functionality

Regards

Anjana