Solved

Table population

• 13 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I am new to an existing IFS 8 system and am trying to find out why some columns in a Base Table are not getting populated with the correct values. I need to find out how these columns are being populated.

The columns in the Base Table are being populated as a result of Printing a Supplier Schedule.

I presume that there is some kind of event being triggered, but I don’t know how to find it!

I have found a logical unit which seems to be involved but it only has details of how a view is populated from the Base Table concerned.

The logical unit has these details included:-

Base Table

Base View

Base Package.

The Base Package just has various Functions and Procedures for discrete values whereas I’m looking for a “CREATE OR REPLACE ‘Base Table’ AS …..” statement with the appropriate SELECT statement to follow which will show how the Base Table is being populated.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Neil.

icon

Best answer by AvinduHendawitharana 17 August 2021, 06:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Neil Guild ,

Try using the debug console to capture the SQL that is executed at the populate. You can find more information in the attached document.

Thanks and Regards,
Avindu Hendawitharana

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Avindu Hendawitharana ,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I haven’t been able to use the debug console yet - still struggling with the implementation here at work.

I have managed to find the procedure which I think is populating the table, so progress has been made :-).

Cheers,

Neil.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I have been able to use the Debug Console and viewed the SQL that creates the table. A couple of columns were missing and hence no population of those in the database.

Implemented the correct SQL and the columns are populated correctly.

Cheers,

Neil.