Supply Chain Matrix - Site or Supplier?

• 31 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 355 replies

Dear Hive Mind…

Just looking for some information on the pros/cons/correct choice to make re Supply Chain Matrix, please. 

SC Matrix is not something we’ve used before so I’m doing some testing.  Our Distribution Calendar is a 5 day working week one.  We have no Supplier Calendar or External Transport Time set or any days against Route/Ship via etc.  Supp for PP record has leadtime entered (28 - as I undrestand ‘calendar days’) and Inspection Leadtime (4 - as I understand ‘working days’).  Calc Purchase Leadtime is run.  

When I run MRP, there is no difference in the Latest Order Date result on the purchase req if I set up an Internal Transport Time on the Supply Chain Matrix for Site/from External Supplier or on the Supplier Chain Matrix for Supplier/to Demand Site.

Is there a view as to which is the ‘correct’ way?  

Any thoughts gratefully received!
Thanks
Linda

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 1 February 2024, 13:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Referring the replies given for similar posts mentioned below, it can be seen that the purchase requisition considers Internal Transport Lead Time to calculate the Latest Order Date only if the purchase part has a primary supplier. If a primary supplier does not exist, then the system uses the purchase lead time mentioned against the inventory part for the calculation.

Hence, in your situation, it is possible that the purchase part does not have a primary supplier leading the system not to consider Internal Transport Lead Time when determining Latest Order Date.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for engaging, @KethakaG   I’m not suggesting there is an issue.  My part does have a Primary Supplier and I’m building in an Internal transport time which I can achieve by using either SC Matrix for Site or SC Matrix for Supplier.  My query, really, was is there any reason to choose one way over the other.  

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@PRODQ I would guess it depends on the structure of the Company and any commonality within its network of Suppliers. Taking a simplistic approach,

If my Company does business with 200 Suppliers and all the Suppliers/Addresses are common to most, if not all, Sites, I would guess it makes sense to work with the Supply Chain Matrix for Site/from External Supplier. Configure one Site and possibly Copy/Paste the records for the other Sites, adjusting values and adding/deleting records as necessary.

If my Company does business with 200 Suppliers but all the Suppliers/Addresses are not common to all Sites, I would guess it makes sense to work with the Supply Chain Matrix for Supplier/to Demand Site as each Supplier’s configuration would be custom.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thank you, @matt.watters .  That’s just the steer I was looking for.  

Linda