Solved

Supplier Schedule with Master Schedule

• 22 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello All,

I have set up a part as a Supplier Schedule. It is creating the Supplier Schedule correctly when I run MRP. I now have set up the part as a Master Scheduled part, but when I try to run the Master Schedule I get the following error. What might be the problem? 

See image below:

icon

Best answer by majose 22 February 2024, 22:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Alex,

Have you set up basic data for schedule line types?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Ryan,

I have the Supplier Schedule working successfully when I do not have the part set up as a Master Schedule Part.

For example, I created a Customer Order → Ran MRP → this turned into a Supplier Schedule successfully. but the Moment I turn this part into a Master Schedule part, the Supplier Schedule is no longer being created. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

From the documentation:

Master scheduling supports the process of generating supplier schedules. When using master scheduling in this mode the Demand Time Fence and Planning Time Fence on the MS Level 1 Part window should be set to 0 as supplier schedule template rules are applied. The parameter Create S/P Req should be set as Create S/P Req Entire Horizon.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @matt.watters , 

I tried as you suggested. I set the Fences to “zero”, and made it “Create S/P Req Entire Horizon”.  As shown below. But I still receive that same error that I shown in the initial screenshot of this post.

Looks like this didn’t fix the problem :(    Any thoughts? … Have you ever seen this functionality work before?

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@Alex_Mee have you configured the basic data for Schedule Line Types as the error in MS is showing this must be setup? That’s the first fix. Then I will assume the setup in MS Level 1 required by the documentation should work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @matt.watters 

Unfortunately we have found a defect here, this worked fine earlier in Apps10, but because of another fix related to MRP and Supplier Scheduling, “things” happened in the MS - Supplier Scheduling generation and the “unknown” bug slipped through. We will fix it.

-Mats