Question

Shipment Order - Stock Movement from Remote Warehouse to Site

• 24 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello all,

I am testing a scenario using the new shipment order functionality where I have received stock into a picking location within a remote warehouse on one site and then wish to ship the material to a different site location (that is not a remote warehouse) within the same company.

The steps are as followed:

1. Material is received into remote warehouse picking location on Site A via a PO.
  2. Material then needs to be shipped to a warehouse location (not remote warehouse) at Site B.
  3. Site A and Site B belong to the same company.
  4. Using the Inventory Parts in Stock Window, I then use the ‘ship’ functionality to create this movement. 
  5. However, I then receive an error message as shown below informing me that I have not defined delivery terms as mandatory data for the shipment order.

I have defined delivery terms against the senders location as this is a remote warehouse, but my question is how do we define the delivery terms for the receiving sites warehouse location, when it is not a remote warehouse? 

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The field description for delivery terms in the Shipment Order says:

“Determines the responsibility and costs for the transportation of goods.

Depending on the sender and receiver types, Shipment Order may get default values from the following sources:

If both sender and receiver are SiteSupply Chain Matrix for Site page.

If sender is Site and receiver is Remote WarehouseWarehouse Navigator/Remote Warehouse tab for the receiver remote warehouse.

If sender is Remote Warehouse and receiver is Site: Not applicable.

If both sender and receiver are Remote WarehouseWarehouse Navigator/Remote Warehouse tab for the receiver remote warehouse.

The delivery terms is taken from the Company/Address/Supply Chain Information tab, if no defaults have been fetched based on above mentioned sources and if the remote warehouse is automatically created through a Work Task – Service.

If the Shipment Order is created as a demand for a Work Task Material line with Delivery Pick Up, the delivery terms is fetched from Site/Maintenance page.”

I think you should enter supply chain information on your company in the Company/Address/Supply Chain Information tab as this is used as the last resort.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thank you Fredrik!

Although for this scenario the delivery terms are not applicable because the sender is the remote warehouse and the the receiver is the site, as you have detailed above, by adding the delivery terms within the Company/Address/Supply Chain Information it then worked.