Question

Sale Price based on Quantity Range

• 13 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi Team,

I would like to know is there any pricing functionality in IFS to support the specific customer pricing requirement where they have different prices based on the quantities range and when system fetch the price it should break down the total quantity and select the prices from different price ranges in which the quantity falls and aggregate the price. For example

Pricing Information

So, when the order is received for the 350 qty then the total price for that part should be

Order information

Appreciate your prompt response!!

Thank you,

Mithun K V

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Look into unit based price lists, that is as close as you are going to come to your scenario using existing tools i think.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @EqeMithuV ,

As @ShawnBerk  mentioned and to eleborate a little more,

1- First you have to create a price break template and make the status active.

2- Go to sales part base prices and add your inventory card , select the template we created before and make the status active.

3-Go to price list, create a list for yourself and select ‘Use Price Break Templates’

4- When you add your inventory card and save the list, as you can see below all price breaks added automatically.

5- Finally as you can see below, price breaks working fine.

Kind Regards

I hope it helps

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Ozgun BAL ,

Thank you very much for the detail explanation, but unfortunately this not what I am looking for. We have already proposed the solution using the price break templates and sales price list which was not accepted by the customer. Because as per the fundamental principle of pricing system will consider unit price as 3829.50 ( as coated in your example) if the quantity is around 150 , but we want the unit price should be 4255 for 99qty and unit price 3829.50 for remaining 51qty such that total price of the quotation line should be 616549.5

I know this is not the standard business practice, but this kind of pricing are very much essential in application service industries where they sell license in this pricing methods.

Regards,

Mithun K V 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @EqeMithuV ,

I am afraid it is impossible to do that without development. It is the only way I can see is to calculate all price possibilities with excel, and migrate as price breaks. For example 100pcs = 60000 , 101pcs = 60050 , 102pcs = 60100 … Then you can achive to calculate the prices right.

But you will have too many rows, so it is not a good solution I think.

I hope someone can find another solution, I am looking forward it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding your question.

Kind Regards

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Do you know some functionality to comunicate to the customer the existence of price breaks for one Part without add the part multiple times on a Sales Quotation?

At this moment the only way that I know is adding the same Part No multiple times with different Qty to show to the customer that depending on the qty, the price is different. 

But I don’t know if there is other option?! 

Thanks,

Joao

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello @EqeMithuV , 

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution for this problem please? 

Sincerely, 

Lina

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @TimJoaojS ,

You can see the price breaks against the sales quotations lines if the the part is connected to price break template.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @K4uLinalM ,

We decided to go with configurations as we can find a solution with the IFS standard process.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @TimJoaojS ,

You can see the price breaks against the sales quotations lines if the the part is connected to price break template.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Hi @EqeMithuV ,

Yes, I know that functionality, but the thing is:

1. The customer don’t want to use Price Breaks directly on the Sales Quotation, but the use of Price Break on Price List (and if it use through Price List, nothing will be shown on Price Break).
  2. The intention of use this is to show to the customer different Prices based on different “Purchased Quantities”, and as far as I Know, you cannot show it standard. right?

Thanks,

Joao