Question

replacement part under sales part screen

• 15 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello Everyone

We have recently notice one issue in IFS8 version with regards to replacement part connected under sales part.

Situation: There are 4 sales parts connected to same replacement part and when the sales part added to customer order line , its always replacing the sales part with replacement part without giving any warning message to replace to original sales part because there is available qty exists on the sales part.

As per the logic , it was written that system will fetch all the sales parts connected to replacement part and always checking the available qty for the part which comes in first row of all sales parts.

we think this is bug in IFS8 because system is not checking further down and simply picking first part in row even though there is no available qty  on sales part.

Can anyone please check and let me if this bug or is there any other concept/reason behind this. Also please let me know if it work same in higher version or different?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @kamal 

This is how IFS application has defined Replacement Part - “ A replacement part will supersede the current sales part at a predefined replacement date. It can be replaced by another stored sales part, a non-inventory sales part or a package part, if the part being replaced is not a component of a package.”

Therefore available qty should not be a reason for a sales part to be replaced by a replacement part. If this is happening I suggest you to raise a ticket to IFS Support for further investigation.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.