Question

Planning Methods

• 21 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Dear all,

I would like to know how you choose the best planning method among (planning methods A, B,C,D,E,F,H) in your company? As you know , this method has a key role to mange our inventory based on carrying and holding costs. 

we are using planning method G for our parts, and it is ok and there is no any dark room for us about this planning method. but we are going to combine other planning methods for other inventory parts in each class .  

My first question is about planning method B  ,if we see IFS help, it is mentioned that these methods consider on hand quantity and they are not dependent to purchase orders and demands. 

You assume, today on hand Qty is 999  and order point is 1000, lot size is 500, so proposal requisition is proposed for you and you order  it ( so in this time we have a purchase order 500 pcs).

next day, our on hand is lower order point so proposed requisition is proposed again, is it correct?  I think that it is not true and our on the way purchase order should be considered because yesterday we send our purchase order to supplier. 

I am appreciated to make it clear to me. 

thank you in advance

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Take a look at this previous question - I hope that it helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

I read all the comments, unfortunately i could not find the response of my question.