Solved

Payment Terms for Customer Agreement

• 26 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Does anyone know if we can define different Payment Terms for Customer Agreements in IFS (Cloud)?

Customer (in real life) can negotiate for better prices, discounts AND better payment terms for different Agreements .

In Customer Agreement we define special prices, discounts, delivery terms etc. That is great.

But what about Payment Terms?

One Customer can have different Agreements, but only one payment(?)

Br. Barbara

icon

Best answer by barner 6 May 2024, 08:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You can define different terms on the invoice itself whenever it is created, but that would have to be done manually.  I don’t know of a way to tie individual and varying terms to the customer agreement that would only pull through on the invoices associated with that agreement.  The payment terms established on the customer account are always going to be the default pulled through on each invoice irrespective of whether it is originating from a customer order line, customer agreement connected order line, or a manually entered invoice.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @barner,

I think we can use a custome attribute to store that information at customer agreement entity level. As ShawnBerk already explained this work have to be done manually, custom attribute will only help if we can define it in that entity level.

regards,

Piyal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hi @barner,

I think we can use a custome attribute to store that information at customer agreement entity level. As ShawnBerk already explained this work have to be done manually, custom attribute will only help if we can define it in that entity level.

regards,

Piyal 

Yes, that could possibly work.  A custom attribute on the agreement that is then read for a new invoice created for that customer and sits close to the normal payment terms field on the invoice.  The person doing the invoicing would then have verify every invoice to notice the terms were different and change the payment terms at that time.  There might be further validation on the invoice that could be done before printing or something, but that depends a bit on the work flow for that process.

Badge +2
Thanks for reply,You confirmed that this functionality is missing. I will then create a CustomAttribute on Customer Agreement to store PayTerm, and CustomEvent that will retrieve it and update PayTerms on CustomerOrder. Then the rest of the flow will be correct.

Br. Barbara