Solved

Onhand inventory projection

• 23 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am wondering if there is a module in IFS, or a query that can be run to show the Projected (from IPAP) values at a given time? Essentially, we are trying to group by Site the projected onhand quantities of part numbers at a given time (at the end of the month as an example). 

I can view this info from IPAP, but it’s only by part.

ideally, I would like to be able to see this for numerous parts at the same time. I’ve looked through the help, but I’m not seeing anything on this. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by majose 24 August 2023, 00:08

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello,

try using  MRP part information window / Gross requirements tab.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We are using IFS Application 10.   I do not know of a built-in notification when an inventory part qty_onhand goes to zero.   I believe you will need to create a custom event and action to perform the task.   You could setup a custom event on the InventoryPartInStock logical unit set to trigger on a change.   I believe the event action will need to be a PL/SQL action and you’ll need to create a procedure to determine the qty_onhand and then send the an email to the individuals who require the notification.

Below is a query we created in a quick report to produced a Part Availability report that we export to Excel.   I’ve added the UPPER(ip.PART_NO)=UPPER('&PART_NO') to the query below so you can just type in a part number instead of running it for all your active parts.   This line IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_API.Get_Plannable_Qty_OnHand(ip.contract, ip.part_no, '*') AS QTY_ONHAND will return plannable QTY_ONHAND meaning it will exclude any location with a non-nettable availability control.    

You could easily convert the below query into a PL/SQL procedure to use in an event action to send your notification.

SELECT ip.PART_NO, 
ip.DESCRIPTION,
IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_API.Get_Plannable_Qty_OnHand(ip.contract, ip.part_no, '*') AS QTY_ONHAND,
IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_API.Get_Plannable_Qty_Reserved(ip.contract, ip.part_no, '*') AS QTY_RESERVED,
IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_API.Get_Total_Qty_In_Transit(ip.contract, ip.part_no, '*') AS QTY_INTRANSIT,
(IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_API.Get_Plannable_Qty_OnHand(ip.contract, ip.part_no, '*') + IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_API.Get_Total_Qty_In_Transit(ip.contract, ip.part_no, '*') - IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_API.Get_Plannable_Qty_Reserved(ip.contract, ip.part_no, '*')) AS QTY_AVAILABLE,
IFSAPP.ORDER_SUPPLY_DEMAND_API.Get_Sum_Qty_Demand(ip.contract,ip.part_no) - IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_API.Get_Plannable_Qty_Reserved(ip.contract, ip.part_no, '*') AS QTY_ORDERS_UNRESERVED
FROM IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART ip
WHERE UPPER(ip.CONTRACT)=UPPER('&SITE')
AND UPPER(ip.PART_NO)=UPPER('&PART_NO')
AND UPPER(ip.PART_STATUS) <> 'I'
GROUP BY ip.PART_NO, ip.CONTRACT, ip.DESCRIPTION
ORDER BY ip.PART_NO
Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello,

If you want to see many parts at the same time, perhaps you can look at MRP Open Supply and Demand Orders. The problem with that screen is if you don’t have any orders for part X in October and you search for required date between first and last of October you will not see the projected onhand for part X. Anyway please have a look.

And in this page you only see MRP planned parts and Master Scheduled planned parts. So parts with planning method B (order proposal) will not show up here.

Cheers,

Mats

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Hashane Bolonne Sorry, I’m not understanding how these responses relate to my question. I’m looking for a table view of project on hand quantities based on a certain date (end of the month as an example). The data is already in IPAP represented by the Project column. However, if you have thousands of parts at a given Site, it’s not practical to view each on of them in IPAP.

MRP part info is just a single record view, and I do not need an event action to notify me when a part qty goes to zero.

as an example from IPAP PN 123456 has a projected qty of 8 at the start of December. What I’m looking for is a what to view this for numerous parts in a table view.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Kind of nice idea to see overall future projected inventory onhand for many parts at the same time, per period. Good for Inventory Management.

I like it

-Mats

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Thanks @majose I was actually looking at this screen and your post gave me an idea for the advanced search, which does appear to provide the “projected” qty. Obviously the caveats you listed do have to be considered, but this does seem to do what I need. Thanks again!

Badge +3

@cjohnson I had the same question in another forum so I was really interested to read the responses, and that of @majose. I see the challenge where you select the required date (eg 31.12.2023) and if there is no supply or demand the part will not appear in the search. Do you know if there is any way around that?

Many thanks,

Basil

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Basil No, I do not know of a workaround for PNs without supply/demand.