Question

MRP Considering Safety Stock

• 8 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Safety stock: If I run MRP without selecting "Plan safety Stock Receipt considering MRP Run Date", MRP does not give me a purchase req. If I do select this option, I get a PR. What's the reason that not selecting that slider does not give me a PR, even though I’m dropping below safety stock in the future? Any ideas? 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

The IFS Help explains it like this …

“Enable this option to plan safety stock receipts with the MRP run date by considering the lead time of the part. If the option is disabled, safety stock receipts will be planned in conjunction with the first event for the part.”

So, in other words, if you enable the option, it will plan to the replenish the safety stock if the qty on hand is less than the safety stock qty.  If you disable the option, it will plan to the replenish the safety stock on the date of the next demand. 

I hope this helps.

Badge +1

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply….It seems that reserving materials influences the MRP outcome

playing in the test gives me the result that if I reserve parts on the shop order, they disappear from the gross requirements and receipts and deliveries, and MRP does not take them into account anymore. Is this normal behavior, it seems not logical to me?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply….It seems that reserving materials influences the MRP outcome

playing in the test gives me the result that if I reserve parts on the shop order, they disappear from the gross requirements and receipts and deliveries, and MRP does not take them into account anymore. Is this normal behavior, it seems not logical to me?!

When an order is reserved, shouldnt the demand for that order removed from the total demand?

I think it should, then the demand considered for MRP is seeing lesser demand, unless it would have ordered more.