Solved

Logic for Cycle Interval When Creating Count Reports

• 4 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to establish a cycle count program using count reports and I’m having an issue with the business logic being used to add lines to the count report. I’m finding a disconnect between the cycle interval on the inventory part, and the last date an inventory part has a COUNT-IN or COUNT-OUT transaction. It appears the ‘Last counted date’ which is being fetched by the Get_Last_Count_Date function,  is populated on the inventory part in stock, but is granular down to the part/config/location/lot/serial/ecn/wdr/handling unit combination. So if I count a part at a specific location, then move it, the last counted date will be lost. 

My interpretation of the cycle interval logic is as follows. If the cycle interval on the inventory part record is 60, and the part is counted on October 1st, then the next time the part would be fetched and added to a count report would be December 1st. (our distribution calendar is 7 days a week @ 24 hours a day). My testing has completely different results than this expectation. Am I interpreting the use of the cycle interval incorrectly? 

The help says the cycle interval is “The interval, in working days, for cycle counting. I.e., the period between one automatic count and the next.”

Does anyone have any experience working with this logic?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 4 November 2021, 17:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yes, this is an issue with no good work around within system.  We end up minimizing moves and when we have done, keep track of the Last Count date on the location before the move and then migrate in the Last Count to the new location.  There is no straightforward way to manage within the Counting module itself.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you Shawn,

The add lines to count report routine gets even more erratic with multiple handling units of material in different locations with various lots from the supplier. Some have counted dates and some do not because the material is turned over relatively quickly. Depending on the data values present in the system at any point in time, creating a count report for a specific part results in different handling unit/lot/location combinations being selected and added to the count report.