Linking each structure alternatives to a supplier

• 15 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello, 

I already found my question in the community but nobody answered so I'll ask again hoping that someone has the answer: 

In our case we have two product structure alternates for parent part A (A is a Purchase type part). Now we want to link our product structure alternates * and 1 with supplier S1 and supplier S2 respectively so whenever we create purchase order for parent part A by selcting supplier S1, system automatically shows B and C as component parts that we would sent to supplier. Similarly when we create purchase order by selecting supplier S2 sytem automatically show B, C and D as compopnent parts.

Here we are not doing operation outsourcing but here we receiving A as a finish good item by sending B and C or B, C and D as row material.

Parent Part has two Structure alternate * and 1 as shown in image respectively

Thank you so much.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, interesting. What's your question here? How to define something like this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura Yes please

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, I checked, but I could not find such functionality to enable this. Can you try to have multiple revisions for the part and choosing them in PO line? I think that makes sense too, over using multiple alternates of the same revision. Anyways, we cannot let this behave based on the selected supplier of the PO. It has to/should be coming from the part. 

If you are considering a customization, perhaps the Supplier for purchase part record is what you should utilise to add a functionality.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura 

Even with multiple revisions it doesn't work, so I suggested to do a customization that will link the Supplier for purchase part record with the alternatives. 
Thank you for your suggestion :)