Solved

Kanban Circuits adding line to old Transport Task

• 24 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We are using IFS cloud version 23R.1.8. 

Goal to solve

I want to set-up a storage at the production line with the most commonly used materials (eg. screws, bolts, washers). I will use real time consumption to decrease the stock-levels at the production storage. Once the level of material is below a certain point I want to automatically get more material from our main storage. Therefore I have set my eyes on using Kanban Circuits to solve this with signal type Automatic (Reorder Point).

Problem:

I have successfully created a Kanban Circuit in our test environment (which has production data), activated it and made a replenishment using “Kanban Reorder Point Request”. A Transport Task (TT) of the needed quantity is created automatically, so far so good.

My problem is that the reserved articles are not placed on a new TT but on a closed TT from 2020. I have tried different locations and get the same issue, but it varies on which existing TT it places the material on. It never creates a new TT which is what I am hoping for. 

I have tried to read up on location set-up, site set-up, consolidation and kanban circuits but can’t find anything useful. 

Set-up:

Replenish Type: Location Group

Help wanted: 

Anyone who has solved a similar problem? Any suggestion to what I should try is gratefully accepted as I am currently stuck.

icon

Best answer by Julia PG 3 May 2024, 08:06

View original

1 reply

Badge +1

I got access to try different Site settings (Automatic Consolidation) and when choosing Bin to Bin this solves my problem. It is also possible to do these settings on Warehouse level in Warehouse Navigator with the same effect.

// Julia