Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello IFS Community!

In this workflow we have a 4-Level Intersite PO:

• What we call “the Order Desk” (L1)
  • The Product Line in USA (L2)
  • The Product Line in Canada (L3) 
  • The manufacturing facility (L4)

Going into the details as to why the PO matrix is structured that way would be going on a tangent, and to make this post as short as possible (is likely going to be long anyways as the problem is not easy to be described) I’m going to concentrate on our issue.

Take this PO for example (where you can see the 4 levels stacked up nicely in the Supply Chain Customer Order Analysis screen)

Our issue can be summed up like this: after releasing a L1 CO, IFS goes and automatically creates subsequent Level 2 CO and PO, Level 3 CO and PO and Level 4 CO and Shop Order (where the component really gets manufactured) for us. After that, eventually the work gets done, Shop Order is Closed, items are shipped to customer, the Level 4 CO Invoiced, etc, etc. So far so good.

And then the problem looms: in one (and only one) of the CO lines there seems to be a problem. The L2 Purchase Order (in this screen shot P180000315) stays in Received (does not Close) and one PO Line Status is stuck in “Released” (not “Closed”).

Attempting to register this arrival notes that the value of this line may not be 0 and it stays in the list.

We believe there must be something wrong with this line’s part configuration (compared to the other 54 lines in the CO that makes it act the way it does). Here is how that line is different from the others:

Level 2 PO (P180000315) for that line has no Price...

Level 2 for that CO also is the only line in that CO having no Cost for some reason

So the question is: what could be wrong on this line? could there be some miss-configuration on the Inventory/Sales Part that is preventing that specific line from receive the costing information from the bottom layers? what code in IFS populates the cost of a part when that part (on that site) has no cost and rather is manufactured further down the chain? how can I troubleshoot this in a way that can help me see what the root cause of this problem may be?

Any idea is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Pilar Franco 28 February 2024, 10:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @msurasky-price ,

Can you share an screenshot of the 'Costs' tab and 'Misc Part Info’ tab of this Inventory Part?

Perhaps this other post can help you: 

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello @Pilar Franco

Thanks for taking the time to take a peek at my rather long initial post 😀

Can you share an screenshot of the 'Costs' tab and 'Misc Part Info’ tab of this Inventory Part

Sure I can… here is the Part Cost page for that part (Cost Group #1)

Part Cost Page (Part Cost Detail Tab)

Notice there is no cost for PIIAC, but that’s what I would have expected from a non-manufacturing site (for a Purchased Part).

Then there is the Unit Cost

Inventory Part Unit Cost Page (Unit Costs Tab)

For this one, I would have expected to see a value on “Estimated Material Cost”. I’m not an expert on costing, but I find the other Customer Order Lines on this CO (that were processed just fine all the way to the “Invoiced/Closed” status) have a cost in the Estimated Material Cost.

As for the other information you wanted to take a peek at, here is the Misc Part Info tab (IEE this time as Aurena has this info scattered in different places).

Misc Part Info Tab on IEE

Again, I don’t see anything strange here… just as for the costing, I compared these values against other parts that were processed just fine all the way to the “Invoiced/Closed” status and they seem to be configured just the same.

If there would be custom code behind this bug (which is something I’m not discarding at this point) do you have any suggestion on how to debug this? any PROCEDURE that normally gets called when Part Cost should be updated?

By doing some tests, I realized the precise point in time where the Part Cost “should” be updated (but it doesn’t update) is when I go to the Level 4 CO and change the Shipment Status to Completed. But even knowing this, I don’t know how to breakpoint the code to debug it.

Thanks for all your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @msurasky-price ,

When you have in configuration the Zero Cost = ‘Zero Cost Forbidden’, system will raise this error if price in PO line is 0 and actual cost of the part is 0, as the resultant ARRIVAL transaction (or PODIRSH in this case) will result with a cost=0. It the other parts are having, at least, estimated prices configured (in Supplier for Purchase Part and Sales Part, for example), and prices are manually updated in the PO line and CO line, then you won’t get this error. Check the pricing configuration for other similar parts in the same flow and configure a price if you need to keep the setup of ‘Zero Cost Forbidden’.

Other option is to allow the Zero Cost if you don’t mind that the cost of inventory transactions for this part is 0.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello Again @Pilar Franco!

I get what you said.

In fact I tried adding a cost to this part manually to see if that would solve the problem. What I did was this

• I navigated to Inventory Part Unit Cost
  • Selected “Modify Level Cost Details”
  • On the “Modify Level Cost Details” I entered a cost (313.48) for Cost Bucket 110 (Estimated Material)
  • After that I verified that my Inventory Part had a Unit Cost, as you can see

In spite of that, when I try to register the direct delivery, I still see the same message…

… I’m pretty sure I’m missing something silly… but what is it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

Either you can setup the ‘Zero Cost’ to enabled in Inventory part or else insert a price in purchase order line, as the other lines.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks @Pilar Franco 

This is certainly the problem. We inserted a Price in the PO Line and that solved it!

Appreciated all the help.