Solved

Inter-Purchase Direct Transaction Cost Issue

• 3 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Community,

We have Inter-Purchase Direct transaction which is supplied by a Shop Order.

This is giving a cost issue when Direct Delivery is registered - below error comes.

Also, we see a Discarded status Incoming Delivery Notification (DIRDEL) for this exact PO line.

The same PO has some other lines with Invent Order Supply code and they have registered without any issue and Incoming Delivery Notification is Approved status.

Does any one know how to troubleshoot this?

I tried to check in EDI message handling and I do not see a column for COST in there. So, how Cost from Supply site is taken to Demand Site?

And our Internal Orders are with 0.01 Prices.

Thanks

Gayan

icon

Best answer by Kanishka Dilana 14 March 2022, 15:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello @GayanD ,

May I know the exact error text you are getting here? Basically what I need to know is whether the Site shown there in the error message is your Demand, or is it your Supply Site?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kanishka Dilana 

We cannot see any error on lines in the discarded Incoming Delivery Notification 

The error message at register direct delivery is attached above. The system trying to record Purchase Direct Delivery with zero cost even though we have a Price in Internal CO line.

Thanks

Gayan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello @GayanD,

Sorry if I wasn’t that clear in my first answer. I was referring to the Pop-up Error Message Text, not the error text on Discarded Delivery Notification Line. In your Screen capture, Site value is Masked and that’s why I asked whether it is your Demand Site or the Supply Site.

On the other hand, the error could be highly data dependent one, so I would like to know the Cost control method of the Part used (Inventory Part > Misc Part Info tab > Cost Control section data) in both Sites.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kanishka Dilana 

The error message is coming for the Demand Site.

This is the cost setup in both sites

By the way, do you know how Cost from Supply site is taken to Demand Site? Or is it the Internal PO price that is taken as Cost?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @GayanD Since the Part is a Configured Part and you are using ‘Cost per Configuration’ option, please get the  Configuration ID from Supply Customer Order and check the ‘Per Configuration’ Cost Values of the Supply and Demand end Inventory Parts (Inventory Part record > Costs tab > Select Configuration ID from Drop Down).

When I looks at the error, it seems like you have Zero cost for this Specific Configuration ID at Demand end due to some reason. Ideally, ‘Per Configuration’ Cost of Supply end Inventory Part should get updated when you Receive the the Supply end Shop Order. And when you deliver the Supply end Customer Order, same ‘Per Configuration’ Cost value should get transferred across to Demand end (I.e. ‘Per Configuration’ Cost of the Demand end Inventory Part gets updated with the Supply end value). This is the value you see on the Supply Customer Order Line Cost (Customer Order Line > Cost column), so one can say that it is the Supply Customer Order Line Cost that is being transferred across to the Demand end at Delivery.

So, if you see Zero cost for the Configuration ID in question at demand end, yet have a Non-zero Cost at Supply end, this needs to be further investigated by evaluating Part Configuration related Basic data setup, Transactions costs, etc.. To correct this particular instance or get over the error, you’ll have to update the ‘Per Configuration’ Cost Value of the Demand end Inventory Part through a Data repair or simply allow Zero costs for your Part at Demand end (Change Inventory Part > Misc Part Info tab > Cost Control section > Zero Cost value to ‘Zero Cost Allowed’).

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks Kanishka,

We managed solve it with data repair to update cost of Configuration.

One question regarding Part Configuration - Do we need to have a estimated material cost per configuration if the part at the Supply site is never produced?

So we solve the issue from occurring in future.

Thanks

Gayan