Solved

Inter Company Transfer

• 15 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

According to the financial laws in our country, inventory part move cannot be made between two different companies without a purchase/sales invoice.

I can solve it with custom event, but I still want to ask;
Is there a company/site basic data setting to prevent material move between two different companies?

icon

Best answer by baris.halici 23 February 2023, 09:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

No there isn’t you have to trap the wrong transactions with some custom method, report, or other customer created mechanism.  IFS offers no preventative measure for this problem which is common for most companies that cross country borders.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @baris.halici 

I can propose a workaround for this. After transfer of inventory, you will have M88 and M89 postings created. You can create a sales invoice posting to M88 account in transferring company and purchase invoice posting to M89 account in receiving company,

By this, you can have correct inventory balance and AP/AR balances in both companies.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @gumabs,

This really intrigued me.
I know a little about M88 and M89 postings(accounting posting rules). Is there an automated way to generate an invoice? Do I need customization?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi Barış

You need to create invoices manually. It can be a customer order invoice with a non-inventory sales part. Or instant invoice with predefined sales object posting to the account defined in posting control.

For the supplier invoice, you can define pseudo code for posting lines with specific name so that the team in accounting can easily register invoice and close the balance from M89.

It may look a little confusing for non-finance pals but give it a try.

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The obstacle was provided by adding insert trigger.
Thank you for your answers.