Question

Integration of IFS operations with a different finance system

• 21 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi Everyone,

I’d like to hear from someone who has implemented IFS for operations i.e. mainly manufacturing, supply chain, project etc., and use a system like SAP, Oracle or any other system for finance. I know majority of you may say ‘don’t do it!’ due to some obvious reasons but quite keen to hear from someone who is actually a user of this/similar setup.

Cheers

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Roshan,

I’ve not set it up for production but I have talked through the concept to quite a detailed level with a prospect. The IFS Finance Connector is fairly robust to handle this if the messaging between the 2 systems is configured correctly.

When the financial transactions generate in IFS they go into the hold table, as you set up to use Financial Connector it send’s them out to Oracle/SAP via an XML message and if set up correctly you’ll get a response back from Oracle to confirm the transfer, they will never hit the IFS GL.

you will also need to consider the jobs that synchronise Accounts, Code Parts and Currencies

Customer and Supplier Invoices can also be sent over to the other Finance System along with jobs to Sync Customers and Suppliers.

Cheers

John