Question

How to format the where condition from search dialog?

• 19 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

In a screen [frmWindow], open the search dialog, enter a value for any column and hit search. When clicked on search, I need to format the value given and use this formatted value to populate the screen.

For example: In Customer Order screen, I enter value for Customer as “ABC” and hit search. But in the background, I need to format the “ABC” as “%ABC%” and search for this.

We can achieve this using Saved Search but I need to implement it in the form level. I found QueryWhereStatementFormat but came to know that this can be used only for child sources.

Any suggestions?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You can only modify the underlying search behavior of the form with a paid modification from IFS - which I would not recommend.  It is much better to teach the users how to use the search, even if it is with a saved search as the basis.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @ShawnBerk ,

IFS has given the feasibility to modify the underlying search for child windows. Then why not provide it for the parent form?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I don’t know why technically, I’m just offering my understanding from experience.  We’ve had forms (IFS Views) that actually had a bug in the opening query from IFS and it had to be fixed by IFS, we couldn’t change it. If I understand your intent, it seems the same for your situation, so someone from IFS would have to explain further.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@ShawnBerk Thank you for the info.