Solved

How to deliver a shipment on different dates?

• 26 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I have set up a shipment using a customer order for 1000 units. I need to send this to the customer by three stages; 300 units on date x, 300 units on date y and the remaining on date z. Although I have reserved and picked the goods, and completed the shipment,  I don’t see an option to deliver the goods on different dates. 

icon

Best answer by K4uLinalM 31 January 2022, 23:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @WiaPasanD ,

We are using IFS Application 10.

When we have to deliver product to a customer at different delivery dates we create multiple shipments.  I your example we would have created 3 shipments with each shipment having a different planned ship date in the header of the shipment.   The first shipment would have been created when the customer order was released we would reserve and pick the products.   We would then release the unshipped part and added them to a new shipment where we would have set the date again in the header.  After reserving and picking we would have again released the unshipped part and created the third shipment again with the planned ship date.

You also could have created three separate lines on the customer order with different dates then moved the respective lines to new shipments so you would again have with shipment records one for each date you planned to ship the product.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello, 
I recreated your same scenario, what you can do in your case is reassign the 700 pieces to another shipment that will be created in preliminary status and then deliver the first shipment of 300 pieces on the first desired delivery date. And you will repeat the same steps for the second shipment of 700 pieces for the second desired delivery date. 

1- 

2- 

3- 

4-