Solved

How set field 'Perform Check' of Purchase Part checked as default

• 29 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi! 

I use IFS 8. Is anybody can help me? I want set ‘Perform Check’ checked as default when user create new purchase part. Otherwise user forget check it often. We will have problem when purchase order received. For example, warehouse user receive 500 pcs because enter one more 0 but the order quantity is 50 pcs.

I have searched in community. There is some answers that can set default value by using the Default tab(RMB of a window-> Properties->Object Properties dialog box ). But I can not find default tab. I am not sure if IFS8 support this function.

Thanks in advance! And Happy New Year to you!

icon

Best answer by Manoj Balasooriya 29 December 2021, 04:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You will be able to create a template with ‘Perform check’ is ticked. Then when a new purchase part is created, the user can start with that template. Then the Perform check is ticked by default.

To create the template:

1. Create a new purchase part. Tick the Perform Check.
  2. Select Save as template.
  3. Enter a name for the template.
  4. Next time you create a new purchase part, create from the template.
  5. Perform Check is ticked by default in the new part.
  6. You can also set the template as the default template as well. Then the new part will automatically use that template. You don’t have to select create new from template like in step 4. You can create new as we normally do.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

You will be able to create a template with ‘Perform check’ is ticked. Then when a new purchase part is created, the user can start with that template. Then the Perform check is ticked by default.

To create the template:

1. Create a new purchase part. Tick the Perform Check.
  2. Select Save as template.
  3. Enter a name for the template.
  4. Next time you create a new purchase part, create from the template.
  5. Perform Check is ticked by default in the new part.
  6. You can also set the template as the default template as well. Then the new part will automatically use that template. You don’t have to select create new from template like in step 4. You can create new as we normally do.

Thanks a lot for your quick and detail reply! 2 more question.

1 How to delete the template?

2 I notice that most purchase part is created automatically when we creating a new inventory part if the part_type is purchased. In this case, how to set field ‘Perform Check’ checked as default ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
  1. To Delete

1. It seems when you create purchase type inventory part, the default template in the purchase part won’t be used. I think you will be able to a small customization to achieve this or may be using the ‘custom event’ function built in the IFS Applications. Eg: Fire when the new objects are created. To connect the default purchase part template when a new inventory part is created. A small technical investigation will be needed to develop this and implement.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
  1. To Delete

1. It seems when you create purchase type inventory part, the default template in the purchase part won’t be used. I think you will be able to a small customization to achieve this or may be using the ‘custom event’ function built in the IFS Applications. Eg: Fire when the new objects are created. To connect the default purchase part template when a new inventory part is created. A small technical investigation will be needed to develop this and implement.

Thanks a lot! I will try learning Event function first.