Question

How can I shipping one customer order line in 3 types ? Is it possible?

• 30 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi everbody,

I have one problem and ı need to yours help and suggest. I created  customer order in IFS and  ıt has one customer order line. After that, This customer order line transfers to shipping view. In shipping view, I want to do ,  one customer order line is shipping in  3 types.  I mean and my fiction, this company is export company and has one customer order line( expamle material : gasoline), exist point Russia, also this gasoline Russia to Germany from seaway (sea transport), from here to holland from road transport. After that, this gasoline is  shipping Holland to South Africa from  air  transport.

Already now Thank you everybody 

Critical points:

one customer line ( one customer line )

Four location ( Russia-Germany-Holland- Sout Africa)

Three transportion.(sea transportion, road transportion, air transportion)

**** ONE CUSTOMER ORDER(ONE CUSTOMER ORDER LİNE )BAND 3 SHİPPİNG METHODS İMPORTANT FOR FICTION!! ***

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You can’t track all three in IFS, it isn’t a direct freight tracking system.  The Shipment Method specified on the original shipment is typically the predominant shipping method that relates to how the goods are transported to the point of change of ownership per Incoterms.  From the initial delivery point, if the Incoterms are DAP, but the goods have to be trucked to a sea port to be loaded on a ship, then are loaded on a truck to go to an inland railyard to go by train to the final city, then on truck again to the customer point, the change of ownership occurs at the arrival sea port after the ocean transport.

The Shipment method would be most accurate at SEA since the majority of the transit is done on a ship. But that is from my experience when the initial commercial invoice is presented with the goods to be mainly transported by sea.

If you want a tracking system for the change over with all of the vessel identification, then it would be best served with the tracking system of the freight handling agent or another piece of software, not within IFS.