Question

Error Message when cancelling Shop Order

• 1 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We are using IFS 10 Update 19. We needed to cancel a line on a customer order, the person said no to propagate changed down to pegged orders. Since they said no the DOP Header and Shop order were left hanging open. The master scheduler unpegged the shop order from the DOP Header and then went to try and cancel the shop order. We get an error message staying the purchase order is associated to one or more purchase order change orders. We do not peg purchase orders to our material. We have tried to determine why this error is happening and we are unsure why we are getting this error message. The message almost reads like it thinks this shop order is a purchase order, so I double check we do not have any purchase order in our system with the same order number. I checked to make sure there were no purchase order that have purchase order change orders that are waiting to be approved. 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Awagner does this SO have some outside operations that have been released - meaning PO is created? From the error message I think the SO has an outside operation and then the system behaviour is to create a PR - PO with the subcontractor. 

When you try to close the SO, the system also tries to close the PO, but since it’s enforcing the use of PO-CO (probably site setup), the PO can’t be cancelled.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Marcel.Ausan  there should not be any outside operation on this shop order. We do not have outside operations on our shop orders. I am not seeing anything that would point to the outside operation on the shop order. Where would I see if there was an outside operation.