Question

Enhanced ATP Questions - 22R2

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Has anyone used the Enhanced ATP functionality released in 22R2?  After playing around with this in a reference environment, I’ve noticed some interesting behavior and it appears I may not be grasping some of the intended value by this enhancement. 

Below are just a few points I’ve seen thus far:

• Batch Release of Customer Orders
    • It’s only possible to batch Release Customer Order Lines if the Planned Due Date is before or sooner than the Expected Unlimited Supply Date (EUSD) from the Inventory Part.  Why would you not be able to Release Customer Orders after this date?  Isn’t the assumption that all demand could be satisfied in theory after this date?
  • Replanning of Customer Order Line Dates
    • The Replanning feature does modify the Planned Delivery Date at times but only if any incoming Supply is arriving sooner than the EUSD.
      • For example, if the Purchased Lead Time is 6 days (4/3/23) and the EUSD is 14 days (4/11/23).
      • Availability Check will not allow you to enter a Customer Order Line with a Planned Delivery Date sooner than 4/11/23.
      • If I created a Purchase Order (i.e. Supply) to arrive early on 4/8, and Re-Plan Customer Order Lines then the dates are brought in (i.e. available earlier for the Customer Order) but if the Purchase Order is late, (i.e. 4/20), no changes are made – the Planned Due Date remains 4/11/23.
  • Customer Order Availability Exceptions
    • Once the batch job is run to Generate exceptions, it’s not clear what this data is representing nor does it seem to update if data on the Customer Order is updated and the batch job is re-run. 
    • The Past Due Days is comparing the Planned Due Date vs the Site Date which does not provide an accurate representation of how late the order actually is. 

I’ve already reviewed the videos in Academy and the documentation supplied there, but perhaps there is something I am missing?

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi @astfarazt,

Please refer following answers.

• Batch Release of Customer Orders
    • It’s only possible to batch Release Customer Order Lines if the Planned Due Date is before or sooner than the Expected Unlimited Supply Date (EUSD) from the Inventory Part.  Why would you not be able to Release Customer Orders after this date?  Isn’t the assumption that all demand could be satisfied in theory after this date?

Answer: Yes. This is dealing with the option ‘ Release Orders within supply source lead time limit’. 

This is used to control the Release of the Customer Order which are within the Supply Source Lead Time Limit. The Value is set to true by default and user has the possibility set it false. Planned Due Date of the Customer Order Line is checked against Expected Unlimited Supply Date of the Availability Check enabled Inventory Part. If the Planned Due Date of all CO lines less than or equal to Expected Unlimited Supply Date, then the customer order is released.

The Expected Unlimited Supply Date (EUSD) is the date when unlimited supply can be found in inventory which means the all demands can be satisfied after this date. That is the reason for restricting the release after this date. 

If the users do not need to check, then then can clear the option ‘ Release Orders within supply source lead time limit’ and proceed.

• Replanning of Customer Order Line Dates
    • The Replanning feature does modify the Planned Delivery Date at times but only if any incoming Supply is arriving sooner than the EUSD.
      • For example, if the Purchased Lead Time is 6 days (4/3/23) and the EUSD is 14 days (4/11/23).
      • Availability Check will not allow you to enter a Customer Order Line with a Planned Delivery Date sooner than 4/11/23.
      • If I created a Purchase Order (i.e. Supply) to arrive early on 4/8, and Re-Plan Customer Order Lines then the dates are brought in (i.e. available earlier for the Customer Order) but if the Purchase Order is late, (i.e. 4/20), no changes are made – the Planned Due Date remains 4/11/23.

Answer: The expected lead time, in days, that it takes to receive the parts into inventory. By default, this is the same as the purchasing or the manufacturing lead time and, can be updated via the Calculate Purchase Lead Time assistant or the Manufacturing Lead Time Calculation assistant. This is used in ATP calculations of customer order lines. It enables calculating ATP, based on an expected lead time that perhaps differ from the ordinary purchasing or the manufacturing lead time. Therefore, this value, if manually updated, should represent the total of the component’s supply lead times that are not in stock and/or any other delays in the actual acquisition process as perceived by the user. Basically you should use this field to ensure that a part is delivered on time by giving more realistic planned delivery, dates in ATP calculation. 

In the example mentioned, the purchase lead time is 6 days ( 4/3/23) and EUSD is 14 days ( 4/11/23) which means EUSD is the most realistic lead time considering all above mentioned factirs ( component supply, delays in the actual acqustion process). Therefore when there is not any planned supplies in the system, Availaibility check will not allow you to enter a customer order line with a planned delivery date sooner than 4/11/23.

If there is a planned supply is available in 4/8, then the planned delivery date is recalculated via replan customer order lines and the dates are brought in earlier than 4/11. However if the supply delays ( 4/20), then there may be some possibilities to raise another PO and fulfill the requirement on or before EUSD. If the purchases are always delayed, then the user’s responsibility to enter more realistic expected lead time ( via manual or recalculation).

• Once the batch job is run to Generate exceptions, it’s not clear what this data is representing nor does it seem to update if data on the Customer Order is updated and the batch job is re-run. 
    • The Past Due Days is comparing the Planned Due Date vs the Site Date which does not provide an accurate representation of how late the order actually is. 

Answer: This refers to generate exception records on the customer order lines connected which are not possible to deliver on the planned due date.This is an overview page which shows the details of each customer order lines to show whether the demands can meet the planned due date or not depends on the supply changes, demand changes, prioritisation changes etc.If there are some changes done in the customer order line or supplies, then the users can rerun the batch job ‘Generate customer order availability exceptions’ and see the new exceptionr records.

For the comparison Planned due date is considered becuase it is the date and time on which the goods needs to be available for reservation in stock. However if that is not the accurate representation, is there any suggestion from your side?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Gimni

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thank you @GIISLK.  I appreciate the thorough response.  Below is some additional feedback:

• ​  Replanning of Customer Order Line Dates

If there is a planned supply is available in 4/8, then the planned delivery date is recalculated via replan customer order lines and the dates are brought in earlier than 4/11. However if the supply delays ( 4/20), then there may be some possibilities to raise another PO and fulfill the requirement on or before EUSD. If the purchases are always delayed, then the user’s responsibility to enter more realistic expected lead time ( via manual or recalculation).

Feedback: Is it safe to assume then the logic does not consider late supply orders past the EUSD?  The replanning only replans if the supply order is earlier, else, it assume the EUSD is correct regardless of the supply order is confirmed for?

For the comparison Planned due date is considered becuase it is the date and time on which the goods needs to be available for reservation in stock. However if that is not the accurate representation, is there any suggestion from your side?

Feedback: I understand this can be tricky as each IFS customer may look at things differently, although I would think this should compare Promised Delivery Date to the Planned Due Date.      

For example, if the customer originally requested a Wanted Delivery Date of 4/28/23.

• Let’s assume an External Transport Lead-time of 3 days and Picking Lead-time of 2 days

The Planned Due Date would be 4/23.  The Promised Delivery Date to the Customer would be 4/28.

If due to unexpected delays, you updated the Planned Delivery Date to 5/12/23 then the Planned Due Date will be updated to 5/7/23.

Past Due days should be calculated between 4/28/23 and 5/7/23.    

Badge +1

Hi @astfarazt ,

• ​  Replanning of Customer Order Line Dates

Feedback: Is it safe to assume then the logic does not consider late supply orders past the EUSD?  The replanning only replans if the supply order is earlier, else, it assume the EUSD is correct regardless of the supply order is confirmed for?

Answer: As I mentioned ealier, it is the idea of EUSD is  to ensure that a part is delivered on time by giving more realistic planned delivery, dates in ATP calculation.

Feedback: I understand this can be tricky as each IFS customer may look at things differently, although I would think this should compare Promised Delivery Date to the Planned Due Date.      

For example, if the customer originally requested a Wanted Delivery Date of 4/28/23.

• Let’s assume an External Transport Lead-time of 3 days and Picking Lead-time of 2 days

The Planned Due Date would be 4/23.  The Promised Delivery Date to the Customer would be 4/28.

If due to unexpected delays, you updated the Planned Delivery Date to 5/12/23 then the Planned Due Date will be updated to 5/7/23.

Past Due days should be calculated between 4/28/23 and 5/7/23.    

Answer: As per the standard functionality past due days represents the day already passed from today. So the comparison is against the Planned due date and the site date ( which is sys date and time zone off set).

For example if the planned due date is 4/23 and site date is 4/24 , then the particular customer order line is past due with 1 day.

However it does not compare the different planned due date. If it is the purpose , the existinf standard functionality will not consider these as past due days. We have to use different name/ field to indicate that ( may be handled with a custom field)