Question

Edit icon in Aurena

• 14 March 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In IFS Apps 10 Aurena, we have found that some screens require users to click the “Edit” (pencil) icon before they can edit data, but most screens allow users to edit data directly. Can this behaviour be changed via a customisation (e.g. via page designer)?

Background: We have added several mandatory custom fields to the Supplier screen. In EE, this would forces users to populate all of the mandatory fields before they can save any changes to the record. However, Aurena allows users to edit fields one at a time, with changes being immediately committed to the database when the user clicks out of that individual field. As such, it is possible for the user to edit the record without populating the mandatory custom fields (i.e. making the fields mandatory (required) in Aurena does not force the users to populate them as it did in EE).

The Aurena Suppler screen does have an edit pencil icon, and if the user clicks that before making any changes, Aurena behaves as required (i.e. it forces the user to populate all the mandatory custom fields before they can save the record) but there is nothing to prompt the user to click edit since the individual fields can be edited without clicking the edit pencil.

I would therefore like to understand if it is possible to prevent direct editing of data on this screen, and instead force uses to click the edit icon before they can make any changes.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!