Question

DOP dates on connected orders

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 14 replies

Hello.  I am testing DOP with visual planning.  I have a customer order released with 1 manufactured finished good part, 1 manufactured component, and 2 purchased components, all set as DOP.  

I released my customer order, which automatically created shop orders for the 2 manufactured parts (in planned status, we can ignore purchased parts for now).  

I go into Visual Shop Order Operations Planning and move my finished good order up 2 days as I have a conflict with other demand.  I would anticipate that my manufactured component order would move as well since they are connected, but it did not.  I now have my component order being made after my finished good order (which makes no sense).  I do have an alarm, but I am wondering if there is a way to automate the move of component orders with the finished good order.  Does this exist?  If so, how would I set this up to keep them together when I am doing machine planning for the finished good?

Robin

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello.  Hoping to get some attention on my question above.  Is there a way to connect orders in IFS so that the dates are all aligned without the added task of having to propagate dates?

Thank you!

Robin

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

When using visual planning you will have to identify this situation from the DOP alarms and use the propagation logic to align the scheduling. Maybe you can use an event or workflow to automate this?

Another option is to instead use APB, or MSO for the scheduling. These tools do handle the relationships between the orders within the DOP structure.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Bjorn.  Thank you for responding.  Can you tell me how to make this work in APB?  I scheduled an order (drag and drop) to start on the 15th, but my associated order did not move with it.  Is there a trick to making them move together, or a setting that I need to adjust?

Thank you so much for your help.

Robin

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Unfortunately I don’t have more detailed knowledge on the APB solution. Maybe @Saman K Can comment?