Skip to main content
Solved

Distribution Order - Multiple lines on Purchase Order

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

How do I add multiple lines to a Purchase Order created from a Distribution Order in APPS9? 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @mauricioavila ,

As far as I know, you can only add lines in a Purchase Order created from a Distribution Order by means of another Distribution Order, merging the lines when releasing it.

If you try to add manually another line in the Purchase Order, an error message is shown, referring the same:

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Any chance you know the criteria to be able to merge one Distribution Order to another? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @mauricioavila,

Merge dialog is shown when you are releasing a Distribution Order. System tries to find other distribution orders available to be merged with the one you are releasing.

As per the online documentation “Release Distribution Order”:

“The orders that can be merged must be in the Released or Reserved status, and the values in the distribution order must match the demand site, supply site, order type, delivery address, forwarding agent, language code, ship via, delivery terms, route, automatic receipt and currency. If an appropriate customer order and purchase order does not exist, new customer orders and purchase orders will be automatically created. You can add lines to a selected customer order and purchase order where all the currently released distribution orders have the same values for the demand site, supply site, order type, delivery address, forwarding agent, language code, ship via, delivery terms, route, automatic receipt and currency.”

Regards,

Pilar