Question

Direct Deliver of Purchase Part with Product Structure

• 26 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

I have a request in a customer that has Customer Order Lines with Supply Code “Pur Order Direct”.

The sales part is a purchase part with product structure and the components are supplied to supplier.

When i create the customer order with purchase order connected should be possible as in Register Arrival:

1 - Supply Material to Supplier, or

2 - Backflush the Components when Register Direct Delivery

These options are not avaiable. Can anyone confirm if this is a limitation because of supply code “Pur Order Dir” or is a bug ?

VS

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I believe this will be a limitation of the supply code as IFS would expect this item to be fully delivered from the supplier stock without any effect on stock with the Customer Order site and none of the underlying supplier material being supplied for the item.  I would guess if you still need to supply some of the lower level material, you would need to sell or deliver it to the supplier separately but not part of this transaction.

I haven’t verified this expectation, merely commenting based on my understanding.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

I understand that could be a limitation so should be described on documentation that when we use Direct Deliver should not be possible to use Inventory Parts with Part Type “Purchased” that could have Components to be supplied.

Regards,