Solved

Department Field on PR

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, 

Does anyone know what the department field is used for on a PR? Can it be used to allocate or assign a PR to a relevant person or department?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 30 May 2022, 14:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Any text describing the department in which the requisitioner works can be entered against a requisitioner in Procurement basic data → Requisitioners window and it will fetched to this field on PR header.

However the field is only for informational purposes. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Kithmini, 

Thank you for the reply!

As the department field is just there for informational purposes. Do you happen to know if there is any other field we could use to assign or allocate a PR to someone? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Shirley

I believe having a requisitioner in a PR will serve that purpose. 

Please read more in below link.

https://ifs21r1costestcmb.rnd.ifsdevworld.com/ifsdoc/documentation/en/default.htm?searchpage=page/Requisitioners/List

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

On Purchase Requisition Lines, there is field for both Buyer and Planner, that is the normal location for the initial assigning of the requisition for organization by planning or action to convert to a purchase order.  Requistions don’t really naturally flow from the header, they work best when viewed and processed from the Lines overview.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi, as mentioned above, the department (and phone) field is pulled from the requisitioner ID for the  requistioner defined in the header (set up as basic data against the requisitioner) with the idea being that whoever from procurement is handling the requisition can see the department or contact details of the originator should they need to discuss any details with them. However, I see from your screen shot that your requisitioner is WO (i.e. system generated) so I suspect your scenario is actually to enable a link back to the person handling the request from the Work Order, as currently they would therefore need to go back to that work order details to get visibility of who to discuss any issues with. As also mentioned in the previous replies, usually it would be maybe the planner for that part (if it was a part) though this defaults from the inventory part, buyer or potentially you could use the Technical co-ordinator field on the req line when creating it from the work order. As this would mean that these would need to be set up as basic data though this is potentially overkill. I do believe that despite the system default with the requisitioner ID of WO when creating the req from WO, it is possible to override / change this at source on the WO, so that the requistioner ID becomes the actual person raising the request. I guess it all depends on you process, company policy and how much automation there is but maybe some options for you to investigate further.