Solved

Deliver to Customer Remote WHSE

• 17 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I have a situation where a Company X will sell and deliver goods to Customer Y.  We’ve setup a remote WHSE in Company X, Site A as a remote WHSE and linked it to Customer Y.  When I deliver my customer order, I need to deliver the goods to the Customer Y remote WHSE and see the inventory in the remote WHSE perpetual’s inventory in IFS Cloud.  Is this possible?  Seems to me like a straightforward VMI model, but I am not sure how to deliver to a customer’s remote WHSE in IFS Cloud.  And for those who might be wondering, the inventory that needs to show in Customer Y remote WHSE should be of ownership Customer Owned (This is not consignment, it is VMI, with Company X being the Vendor).

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by ctaylor56 20 April 2023, 20:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Firstly,  from what I understand, ownership ‘Customer Owned’ in IFS has a different meaning to it, than what you have mentioned here. In order to have ‘customer owned’ parts in IFS, you need to have them delivered by a supplier, who has a customer connected. This is when you get some parts owned by the customer to do some work, to eventually return it to them.

In my mind, this leaves you either ‘Company Owned’ or ‘Consignment’.

What are your thoughts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@AsankaGaru , You sound right here.  Problem with consignment is that I need to report consumption (which you could do with a CRIM) and company owned would financially be incorrect here.  I think what we’ve decided so far is to automate the create of the PO with a supplier linked to our customer, and to have the PO line create for the delivered amount and to auto receive to the customer remote WHSE.