Customer Order Type does not automate

• 18 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

I have a customer order type RH, please see it attached.

if I create a customer order using this order type, if the part is available in inventory, then once you release the customer order, system will raised the status as per expected. customer order status will sit in Reserved status, and picking list is created. But if the material is not available in stock, once you release the customer order, it will stay in status Release.  then when the part is available, I am trying to reserve the customer order again, it will be successfully reserved, but the event will never be automated again ( create picking list in this case)

would like to know whether this is a bug or this is the way it is.

Thank you.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I see ‘online processing’ is not checked in your order type. That means processing is done in the background. May be your background jobs are stopped at Posted status without getting executed. Please check in the background jobs screen. Also please check whether automatic processing is done without an issue when using online processing. Anyway the system should do the automatic processing of the customer order after you reserve when the part is available regardless of online processing or background processing.

What is the track and the update version you are in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Manoj Balasooriya  thank you for your reply.

i can see the background job is ended with warning, because no available quantity is able to reserve.

We are in APP10 UPD9

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This is when the part was not available which is the right behaviour. Aren’t there any background jobs created after you reserve the part when the stock is available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Manoj Balasooriya Just did test using online processing. it is the same result. the automation event if it is stopped due to whatever the reason, it will not continue unless you restart is again.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Manoj Balasooriya There is no background job created after I reserve successfully. Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I checked in a App10 UPD 9 environment as well. It is working fine there. Therefore, it cannot be a bug it seems. I suggest you to send us a support case then we will be able to investigate.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi, The reserve customer order function is seen as ‘manual intervention’ and won’t therefore restart the Automatic Order processing from the Order type (and is also why you are not seeing a background job as it is executed immediately). If you try using the ‘Create Customer Order Reservations’ option, I believe this will reserve your order line and engage the next steps in your order type automatically.

The ‘Create Customer Order Reservations’ task is often set up as a scheduled task, maybe run daily (or more dependent on the frequency of supply) to specifically identify and reserve these customer orders that maybe don’t have availability at the point of releasing the order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@dewauk Thank you for your input. just did the testing, system successfully reserved the material ,but no surprise, same result. this could be the bug.

Thank you.