Skip to main content
Solved

Customer Order Line Planned Ship Date

• 6 September 2024
  • 3 replies

When manually adding customer order lines, the planned ship date is calculated and updated automatically and takes into consideration the external transport lead time. 

If we add customer order lines using the CustomerOrderHandling.svc/CustomerOrderLineSet api the planned ship date is not calculated/updated based on the external transport lead time. If we manually update the external transport lead time, the planned ship date will update. How do we have IFS update the planned ship date without the manual intervention? 

Hi @HBIKKOPPEL 

I think you need to:

1. Set up a custom event or workflow that monitors when customer order lines are added through the API “CustomerOrderHandling.svc/CustomerOrderLineSet “. This event can trigger a recalculation of the planned ship date based on the external transport lead time.

Or

2. Customize the logic. You could create a custom field or logic to automatically adjust the                              planned ship date based on the external transport lead time whenever a customer order line is                  added via the API “CustomerOrderHandling.svc/CustomerOrderLineSet “.

In Summary, What you have to do is;

• Verify if the API call itself includes an option to trigger recalculation.
  • Check if there are relevant IFS custom events or workflows that should be invoked after an API call.
  • Consider using a combination of IFS custom fields or configurations to ensure that the shipping date updates automatically based on external lead times.

If this answer helps you, please mark it as solved. This will assist other community users who may have similar concerns or need advice.

Regards,

Chanuka

Thanks Chanuka, I ended up adding another api call after creating the customer order to retrieve the external transport lead time. (The workflow that updates this has already ran at this point.) Then we are just passing that value in the customerorderlineset api. 

Thanks,

Kylie 

Thanks Chanuka, I ended up adding another api call after creating the customer order to retrieve the external transport lead time. (The workflow that updates this has already ran at this point.) Then we are just passing that value in the customerorderlineset api. 

Thanks,

Kylie 

Hi @HBIKKOPPEL 
Great.

I'm happy to share my advice on this. If you found the answer helpful, could you please mark it as the correct answer? This will allow us to close the thread and make it easier for other community users to find and benefit from in the future.

Regards,

Chanuka