Question

Custom attribute question(IFS Cloud)

• 5 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I create custom attribute in PurchaseOrderLinePart as free text 

and I need same custom attribute showing to read and update in Purchase Order Lines Page

How I do that?

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi Norahmf,

Hope you can clarify the following.

1. Does the Purchase Order Lines page belong to the PurchaseOrderLinePart LU? or are these 2 separate LUs?
  2. Is your requirement to simply add a persistent attribute to be updatable or do you also want it to be disabled based on some condition?

Custom Attributes - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  1. Does the Purchase Order Lines page belong to the PurchaseOrderLinePart LU? or are these 2 separate LUs?

what meaning of Lu?

this is page I add it from here 

I need same custom attribute  showing in these two places

1. Is your requirement to simply add a persistent attribute to be updatable or do you also want it to be disabled based on some condition?    just add a persistent attribute to be updatable
Badge +2

Since these are 2 separate entities you will have to create 1 custom attribute in 1 entity and another custom attribute in the other entity with the same name. But if you update the field from the purchase order line page it will not show the value in the purchase order line part page/list and vice versa as these will be 2 separate custom attributes.
But you can handle this via a custom event. Example: when the attribute in purchase order line is updated then copy that value to the attribute in the purchase order line part page and vice versa.