Question

Create Count Report Logic

• 17 November 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, hoping that someone can explain the logic how parts are selected to be included in a part count. For example, we have a location that needs counting. It contains a mixture of parts (we are not really using ABC so that criteria is blank). We have excluded parts counted since 90 days. My understanding is that will exclude parts counted in the past 90 days, is that correct? Which calendar would it use for these “days”? We count the fully qty of part in location and have 60 records to be counted. I also understand that the “Next Count Date” (visible on Quantity per Location Details) is a primary filter for parts to be included, i.e. this count date has to be after this date to be considered for counting. 

My question is, if we have limited the count to 60 lines but there are 70 possible lines that meet the part count criteria, how does it select the 60 lines? What logic does IFS use to drop the parts that are not counted? 

From testing it appears to be selecting the parts with the most recent “Receipt Date”. The parts that were not included in the count report all have the oldest Receipt Dates for this location. It would be great if someone could confirm this logic so we can get a better understanding of part counts. Counting seems to be a simple function but there are obviously levels of complexity that are not well documented.

Lots of questions but hoping this will also be of interest to others. Thank you!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!