Question

Cost in estimate is not transferred to sales quotation

• 28 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Is it correct that the cost that is showing in the sales quotation, is not linked with the cost of the connected estimate?

This is the flow:

I start a sales quotation. I add a sales quotation line with a certain part that I want to modify. I select the line, and create an estimate. In the Estimate, I do my thing, change the part, add a markup, calculate and confirm. Afterwards, I update the connected objects. The new sales price is now shown in the sales quotation line.

However, as I now have a new cost for my product (from the estimate), I would like it to be seen in the sales quotation as well. The info is in the estimate, with the margin calculation and everything, however in the sales quotation I still have the ‘old’ cost, from the original part.

Is there something I need to do extra to have the ‘new’ cost? It’s important as my margin calculation is also not correct.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @First Employee 

Appreciate if you can share the test plan (screen shots) you followed to perform below steps as per your description.

“I select the line, and create an estimate. In the Estimate, I do my thing, change the part, add a markup, calculate and confirm. Afterwards, I update the connected objects. The new sales price is now shown in the sales quotation line.”

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you for raising a very valid question. It would only be reflected in a new sales quotation that you create. The old will not be updated with this price variance. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thank you @IniEdmundW 

I believe this is something IFS could improve, no? Can this be suggested?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I do not think this would be considered as a future modification, however it would be good to have feedback on how other customers overcome this limitation. alternative work pattern.