Question

Connecting Freight to Customer Order?

• 12 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 14 replies

How do we connect the cost of Freight on a purchase order for a non inventory part to a customer order?

It is does not appear possible to peg this in IFS Cloud.

So how could we track that our orders are profitable and that we are not losing money on Freight as with the volume of transactions it would be easy to lose track.

It would be possible if we setup Freight as a part to solve the above scenario but this seems extremely convoluted to start receiving the part, reserving, picking and shipping on the customer order and is not efficient.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Danny 

If the amounts of customer order lines, which are in the same consolidated group, sum up to a value which exceeds this amount, then the charge price of connected freight charge lines will be zero and the charge cost will be calculated as usual. The freight free amount applies to customer orders. The Use Price Incl Tax setting defined for the specified freight price list will decide if this is a net amount or a gross amount.

Field Freight Free Field in Customer Order / Order Lines | IFS Community

Hope this info helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Hashane,

Maybe you can help explain a bit more please, but I can’t see the relation from your response and my question.

Maybe an Example will help explain my requirement.

1)  I have a customer order line (Non inventory Sales Part) called Freight with a price of £600.

2)  I also have a purchase order line (Non Inventory Purchase Part) called Freight with a price of £500.

3)  My margin is therefore £100 on the Freight lines. However there is no way to connect these two lines (peg). Therefore how am I to identify the margin on all orders for the freight if the transaction volume was to increase to hundreds of orders per month?

The built in Freight feature e.g. FREIGHT Map, FREIGHT Price list seems overly complicated for our requirement and still does not provide the resolution we require.