Question

Confirm PO in supply portal to split order qty, how to make it happen?

• 1 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Supplier log on Supply portal to confirm PO

eg: PO#001/Line1/Rel 1 -  PO qty =3000, with wanted delivery date 4/1/2022, from supplier side, they only can 1000 on 4/1/2022, 2000 on 4/15/2022, 

the expected result is,  when supplier change PO qty to 1000 and write down date as 4/1/2022 in PO#001/line1/rel 1, then another PO line with same PO#001/Line1/rel2  will be popped up with PO Qty=2000 (the rest of 3000 after 4/1/2022, price and other message is the same as original PO status), then supplier write down date as 4/15/2022. 

how to make this happen?

please advice

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Susan,

As far as I know, purchase flow is designed in a way that adding lines in a purchase order must be originated from Buyer, and not from supplier. So then, initially, the flow must start with a change in Purchase Order, that would create the corresponding changes in Supplier’s customer order.

But I did a try with an ‘Incoming Purchase Order Confirmation’ by reducing the quantity in original line and adding a new line with a different date and system created a ‘Confirmation Change Order’ to be then processed by buyer and confirm to have the PO being updated. 

So then, initially, this could be done in this way.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Pilar

Thanks for you reply.

Your suggestion to reduce qty in “incoming purchase order confirmation” , - original qty =1000pcs, and reduce to 800pcs with May-1 delivery date, but it can not add the rest qty of 200pcs in the same page, which have to go back to “purchase order” >select its PO#> to add the rest qty line? Am I right? 

The purpose for this question is whether it can be edited by supplier in B2B portal, from you answer,  it is not possible to make it happen right? 

Thanks

Susan