Question

CO Invoice in Error - "Only a Tax Code with Zero percentage ..."

• 18 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 357 replies

Has anyone encountered issues in Apps9 where a Customer Order Invoice errors with the below message?   

The setup is a bit complex - multi site in the same company, multiple places of supply therefore multiple tax situations for the customer, but this error only occurred when I created a CO and applied “Additional Discount” in the CO header.  I processed another CO on exactly the same site/customer/parts/tax scenario with discount on the CO lines, and the invoice processed without error.  

“CO Invoice in Error - "Only a Tax Code with Zero percentage is allowed when Customer is exempted for Taxes..."

Any thoughts/suggestions/solutions gratefully received! 

Thanks

Linda

4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

What is the percentage of the tax code used in the invoice line/s?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

What is the percentage of the tax code used in the invoice line/s?

6%

Badge +4

As the error message says, it is allowed only to use a tax code of zero percentage if the  customer is tax exempted. So that tax percentage of the line cannot be 6%.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

As the error message says, it is allowed only to use a tax code of zero percentage if the  customer is tax exempted. So that tax percentage of the line cannot be 6%.

However, as I indicated, when processing another invoice with exactly the same setup but discount is added on the line, there is no error - somewhat inconsistent...

I processed another CO on exactly the same site/customer/parts/tax scenario with discount on the CO lines, and the invoice processed without error.  

Linda