Skip to main content

I would like to manipulate the Lot/Batch Number for By-Products as it’s received on the Shop Order. Currently, the Lot/Batch number for By-Product will automatically generate the same Lot/Batch group for the overall order. I would like the By-Product Lot/Batch Number to be in the same family of the component part the by-product was created from.

Example of current scenario:

Shop Order 123 lot batch number= 123-*-*-1 and

By-Product from that Shop order auto generates lot batch = 123-*-*-2

Goal:

Single component used in the Shop Order 123 is from PO 321 therefore, component lot/batch no = 321-*-*-1

I would like the By-Product Lot batch to be 321-*-*-2 (same beginning as the component lot batch) when it is received on Shop Order 123.

I know the ability to manually enter the information is possible but increases the chances of user error greatly. Can by-product be auto generated to match the sequence of the component lot batch?

Hi Zwall,

As far as I know, this isn't a standard solution within IFSAPP10. However, for another customer we've build a customization for the creation of a divergent Lot/Batch number for the By-Product(s).

Thanks for the feedback, Stan. Did this customization create brand new lot batch numbers for the by-product received or was it able to be pulled from the component part lot batch sequence? Curios if this could be an option for us here.

Hi Zwall,

In this specific case the customization creates a brand new lot batch number. In theory I think it should be able to fetch the Lot/Batch number from the component; however, I've never seen it.

It’s possible to generate the lot/batch number of the shop order itself from the lot/batch number issued of a specified component. This is done my enabling the Lot/Batch Origin from the desired component line.

Then the by-product lot/batch no is of course also generated from this component lot/batch no as it is generated from the shop order lot/batch. But yes, with this setup the lot/batch no of the shop order will also have the lot/batch no from the component. Not just the by-product.

Thank you @Stan Gruijters and @Björn Hultgren for the insight.

@Björn Hultgren , is this option available outside of Aurena?

@zwall Yes it’s available in IFS Apps 10 Enterprise Explorer client as well