Question

By-Product Lot/Batch No

• 21 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 8 replies

I would like to manipulate the Lot/Batch Number for By-Products as it’s received on the Shop Order. Currently, the Lot/Batch number for By-Product will automatically generate the same Lot/Batch group for the overall order. I would like the By-Product Lot/Batch Number to be in the same family of the component part the by-product was created from.

Example of current scenario:

Shop Order 123 lot batch number= 123-*-*-1 and

By-Product from that Shop order auto generates lot batch = 123-*-*-2

Goal:

Single component used in the Shop Order 123 is from PO 321 therefore, component lot/batch no = 321-*-*-1

I would like the By-Product Lot batch to be 321-*-*-2 (same beginning as the component lot batch) when it is received on Shop Order 123.

I know the ability to manually enter the information is possible but increases the chances of user error greatly. Can by-product be auto generated to match the sequence of the component lot batch?

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Zwall,

As far as I know, this isn't a standard solution within IFSAPP10. However, for another customer we've build a customization for the creation of a divergent Lot/Batch number for the By-Product(s).

Badge +3

Thanks for the feedback, Stan. Did this customization create brand new lot batch numbers for the by-product received or was it able to be pulled from the component part lot batch sequence? Curios if this could be an option for us here.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Zwall,

In this specific case the customization creates a brand new lot batch number. In theory I think it should be able to fetch the Lot/Batch number from the component; however, I've never seen it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It’s possible to generate the lot/batch number of the shop order itself from the lot/batch number issued of a specified component. This is done my enabling the Lot/Batch Origin from the desired component line.

Then the by-product lot/batch no is of course also generated from this component lot/batch no as it is generated from the shop order lot/batch. But yes, with this setup the lot/batch no of the shop order will also have the lot/batch no from the component. Not just the by-product.

Badge +3

Thank you @Stan Gruijters and @Björn Hultgren for the insight.

@Björn Hultgren , is this option available outside of Aurena?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@zwall Yes it’s available in IFS Apps 10 Enterprise Explorer client as well