Skip to main content

Sales Part 123 with Supply Code = Shop Order.

Inventory Part 123 shows Mfg Lead Time = 7 and Expected Lead Time = 7.

Fixed and Variable Lead Times by Hour = 0.

Zero on hand inventory.

Distribution Calendar = 5 day M-F.

Picking Lead Time = 2.

Today is 10/17/23.

Enter a customer order line with a Wanted Delivery Date = 10/18/23.

Availability Check returns “The due date is earlier than today’s date. Earliest possible delivery date is 2023-10-31.”

But, the dates on the customer order line do not change. Wanted Delivery/Target/Planned Delivery/Planned Ship dates remain 10/18/23.

Is this standard behavior with Supply Code of Shop Order?

@matt.watters looking for a solution too

Hi Matt,

Have you found an answer as I'm also looking for a solution to a similar problem. Thank you

Hi @matt.watters 

I think that is the it works - not updating any dated. The availability check is primarily designed for make-to-stock and distribution operations. It is an order-promising calculation that verifies and/or suggests a delivery date by analyzing material. It considers the available material for single-level product structures. How we can then confirm the suggested date as promising when it comes to make-to-order. What do you think?

regards,

Piyal

Hi Matt,

Have you found an answer as I'm also looking for a solution to a similar problem. Thank you

The answer is the system is behaving as designed, it would be up to the user to manually update the date on the order line.

The solution at the customer was to introduce a modification so that order lines of supply code Shop Order were pushed out to the Expected Lead Time.